EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Meet Gianpaolo Gullotta, the New AGL PDO Coordinator
Q & A session with Gianpaolo Gullotta, the New Coordinator of the Salesian Planning and Development Office in the Africa of Great Lakes (Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda) Province. My name is Ange de la Victoire DUSABEMUNGU, I am in charge of the Department of Media and Communication of the Salesian Planning and Development Office. It is about a few days ago that you came here in Rwanda to assume new responsibilities in the PDO office here in Kigali and of course coordinating the Office’s work in three countries namely Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi, countries whose economic power has some similarities. I am very sure that everyone is curious to know more about you and what you bring in AGL of course for the benefits of young people and strengthening the PDO so that it can respond to the mission of Salesians in this region. My first question to you:
- Would you start by telling us who is the new PDO-AGL coordinator? In terms of social life and Work experience.
- How do you feel about your new roles in AGL?
- Within the few days that you are here in Rwanda, what impression do you have?
- Your work will bring impacts to the Salesian Works in Rwanda, Burundi and Uganda, we call the togetherness of these countries the Africa of Great Lakes Province. There are a lot of issues especially including economic and Youth issues among them access to quality education, lack of employment opportunities. How are you going to support the Salesian mission to deal with that through the PDO office?
- What are your priority areas as the new coordinator of this office?
- What are you expecting from the new team that you will be working with on day-to-day roles?
- What do you recommend to the team so that the expected results are maximized in short-term and long-term view?
- In the recent Interview with the General Economer Brother Muller, he raised the issue of fighting for a self-financing system in the Salesian mission, based on your experience, is it possible to develop the Self-financing system in this province, how are you posed on this matter?
- I will return again to your experience in Team work. What do you see as the main hindrance to Teamwork and how can that be avoided in general?
- Can you briefly explain to me this answer: Do not have the patience to listen to others?
- As we get to the final of our Interview, what message do you have for the whole AGL that PDO will be coordinating?